Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Howdy Cowboys!

Howdy Ya'll!


Any Country Western fans out there?
I am, and I was drawn to this Cowboy Silhouette image as soon as I saw it in the DRS Designs catalog! I jumped for joy when I saw it in my recent package of DT stamps.
Woo Hoo, Lucky Me!




This card also features one of the new Ribbon Slides just released. (You can see all of the DRS Designs new releases by clicking here.) The square illusion of this ribbon slide reminds me of a belt buckle--not the typical kind of belt buckles cowboys wear, but I think it's fitting for this card, Don't you?




I used my Cuttlebug and the Traffic Jam Squares embossing folder to create the background. I thought the raised squares went well with the square ribbon slide. See, it all kind of fits together! LOL!


I coordinated the 2 main layers with my Notched Corner punch, and then added yellow bling jewels to accent the golden colored background.




I distressed the edges around the cowboys to give it a smoky feel. Hey, maybe they're riding along the Great Smokey Mountains!



Stamps: DRS Designs- Square Illusion Ribbon Slide, Cowboy Silhouette
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Charcoal
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company,
Accessories: Cuttlebug and Traffic Jam Embossing Folder, Ribbon by Bobbie M. Designs, SU! Notched Corner Punch, Hero Arts Gem Stones
Finished Card Size: approx. 5" x 7" (Sorry for the approximation here. I forgot to measure it before I shipped this card off in a package to DRS Designs. It was a large car though, as the Cowboy Silhouette image measures 3.25" x 3" itself.)


Thanks for stopping by today. I appreciate your visit!

See Ya'll tomorrow!


Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin