Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Sketch Wednesday, There's Nothing 'Sweet' about Fish!

Yeah! It's Wednesday, so it's time for a new sketch challenge, you ready?



Use this sketch to create a card and post a link so I can see how you've used it!
Scroll down to see mine!
***************************************

I received this cool fish image from DRS Designs last week and thought this would make a great masculine Birthday card! I love the way this card turned out--too bad I don't know any Fishermen who would enjoy receiving this!


So, you're probably wondering what my title has to do with this card, right?
Well, there's more to this sentiment then what you see here. This sentiment is a new release by DRS Designs, and it actually reads "it's your birthday ~" like you see, and then underneath, it reads "sweet!" I just could not include the "sweet" part on this fish card. Why? Because there's nothing 'sweet' about fish!!!! (My thoughts are "Yuck!") LOL!


I colored the image with pencils and blended the colors with Gamsol. I sponged the sky, and added Shimmerz to the fish--it almost makes him look scaly, doesn't it?



Stamps: DRS Designs- Jumping Fish, "Sweet" Birthday
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Chestnut Roan
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company and Bazzill
Accessories: Prismacolor pencils, Gamsol, Brads by All My Memories and Joann's Scrap Essentials, Sagebrush Shimmerz, Cuttlebug and Spots and Dots Embossing Folder, Chalk by Inkadinkado, Ribbon by Michael's, Nesties
Finished Card Size: 5.5" x 5.25"


Hope you've enjoyed today's version of Card Sketch Wednesday!

Please let me know if you have any questions/concerns/comments regarding any of the projects I make. I look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks for visiting today!

Smiles,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Heather said...

WOW!!! This card is incredible! Fabulous job coloring that image!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin