Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Friday, December 19, 2008

Tree of Lights, Take 2!

How's the Hustle and Bustle of your holiday going? I can only imagine it is as crazy & hectic as mine. Since my days are packed so full, the days actually seem so much shorter without a lot of free time to break it up. I have to assume many people are not reading blogs or commenting as much either with a shift in free time that is more focused on shopping, baking, wrapping etc. I know I'm not, and from the few blogs I have managed to keep up on it seems to be the same story all around the blogosphere. So, I apologize for not posting as much as I usually do. I'm sure you all understand.




With the bits and pieces of free time I had earlier this week, I was able to finally squeak out several cards identical to this one. I felt I was cheating some of my stamping friends by sending them store-bought Christmas Cards, so I made it a priority to come up with something that I could mass produce in tiny steps and send to them. I was really happy with how this turned out and I'm glad to report I'll have these in the mail tomorrow!





I've recently used this Tree of Lights image by DRS Designs for another card. It's rare that I would use the same stamp in 2 different layouts so close together, but I had an idea in mind & just had to put it to work!


For this card, I've again colored it with Prismacolor pencils, but this time I've added Diamond Glaze to the bulbs, making them really look like glass! I added gold Stickles to the star to make it sparkle just like the white cardstock I layered behind the image. It is white Glitter paper by DCWV that has a nice elegant sparkle to it. I'm sorry the sparkle doesn't show up very well in this picture.



I don't normally stamp the inside of my cards either, but this sentiment by DRS Designs was perfect for the image on the front of my card! I think it really gives this card that homey Christmas feel.




Stamps: DRS Designs- Christmas Tree of Lights,
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Yellow Ochre and Green
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Bazzill Cardstock, DCWV White Glitter Cardstock
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gold Stickles, Diamond Glaze, SU! Ticket Corner Punch, Holiday Ribbon Bow-tique by Michael's, Nesties
Finished Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"




Wishing you a great weekend as well as a safe & very Happy Holiday!



Smiles,
Jennifer


PS: Stay tuned for my Fun Filled Friday challenge card. I'll post it later today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous creation!! I love this image and the soft glow of colored lights!! :) TFS!! Have a Happy Holidays friend!! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin