Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, December 15, 2008

Blog Candy and Birthday Kisses!

First, I want to start today by sharing a Fabulous Blog Candy find with you. Please see all of the goodies being given away over at Suzy's Blog--it values over $200! May the best stamper win!

So, with Christmas right around the corner, my card making has been focused on creating Holiday cards. I'm going to attempt to change things up a bit this week by showing you few Birthday cards I've recently made.



Who wouldn't want chocolate for their birthday? I'm sure many of us women would love it and I'm sure you know someone who this card would be perfect for! This sweet Birthday card would be perfect with a gift basket of chocolate and for any birthday occasion! (Now I wish I would have put together a basket of goodies to show you too! Maybe I'll do that later this week!)




To make this card, I first used brown ink and stamped the Chocolate Chip Background stamp on white paper & cut it into three pieces. I then matted each piece with brown cardstock and added brown ribbon to the outside corners of each of the larger panels. I arranged these 3 panels as shown on burnt orange colored cardstock and adhered it to a white cardstock base.



I used my oval and circle Nesties to create the layout for the sentiment. I added a single chocolate chip by inking only one chip on the corner of the background stamp and then used my Stamp-a-ma-gig to position it right above the sentiment. I also added 2 word window tabs on either side of the sentiment to "pop in" some color!

Stamps: DRS Designs- Sweet Birthday Sentiment, Chocolate Chip Background Stamp
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Chestnut Roan,
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company,
Accessories: Nesties, Ribbon by Peebles Inc., American Crafts White Brads, SU! Word Window Punch, Stamp-a-ma-gig
Finished Card Size: 6" x 5"

I'm off to finish my shopping today!

Hope you have a 'Sweet' Monday!

See you tomorrow!


Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin