Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Friday, December 5, 2008

Penguins are Winter-Like, Right?

DRS Designs has released some new stamps not too long ago & one of them was this cute little Penguin, named Percy!




I dug through the Splitcoast Sketch Challenge Archives and thought sketch SC124 would be a perfect way to show off Percy for my Winter Fun Filled Friday Challenge. (You can see the announcement post here.)

I think of shades of blue when I think Winter, Snow, and ice. This card doesn't fit that impression, but penguins live in cold areas where there's snow and ice, just like Winter, right? So, see, it fits!



I colored Percy's hat, scarf, beak and feet with Prismacolor Pencils, and a touch of Gamsol, since these areas were so small. I added Glittler Glue to the Cuttlebugged snowflakes and this really wow-ed the card, as the glitter took on a pink hue from all the red around it. By far, I must say this is one of my favorite cards! Not to mention, that I used my favorite Snowflake Background stamp AGAIN! LOL!



Stamps: DRS Designs- Percy the Penguin, Interlocking Snowflake Background
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Warm Red
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by Bazzill
Accessories: Michael's Holiday Ribbon Bow-tique, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Cuttlebug and Snowflake Embossing Folder, Nesties, Brads by Recollections, Opal Glitter Glue
Finished Card Size: 6 1/8" x 5 1/2"


Don't forget to check out Kimmy's Fun Filled Friday card.

Percy says, "Thanks for visiting today. We hope to see you real soon! Have a Wonderful Weekend!"


Smiles,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Thanh Vo said...

Totally adore penguins! They are an all year round type of animal. ;)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin