Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, December 22, 2008

DRS Designs Bling Challenge & Sparkling Poinsettia

'Tis the season for......BLING!!! The new DRS Designs challenge is to use bling on your cards! We would love for you to play along with our challenges and I'm pretty sure almost everyone can play along with this one!! You can use jewels, sparkly paper, shiny ribbon...whatever you consider bling goes!!! If you play, please leave a direct link to your project on the DRS Designs Bling Challenge Post. If you upload to an online gallery, please use the keyword DRSC11. There are no time limits and anyone can play. Don't have any DRS Designs images yet (because they are in the mail right?!) that's ok, you can still play! Tell a friend...the more the merrier!



Here's my Bling Challenge card: A Sparkling Poinsettia! I used the latest Splitcoast sketch Challenge (SC207) for this card.




I colored the poinsettia image with Prismacolor Pencils and blended the colors with Gamsol. Then, I painted the image with Shimmerz!



All of the cardstock used on this card (except the smooth white cardstock used to stamp the images on) has sparkle or a shimmer to it. The red and green cardstock is Bazzill Bling, and the white cardstock is actually DCWV Glitter cardstock, but the glitter didn't show up too well in the pictures. As you can see in the picture below, there is alot of shimmer & shine to this card that it was hard to photograph! I tried to take more pictures than I normally do so you get the entire effect of the card.




I created the tabs from the sketch using the red Bazzill Bling cardstock & overlapping them with sheer white ribbon with metallic silver stripes running through it.


The Happy Holiday sentiment was made by stamping with Jet Black Staz On on the DCWV Glitter cardstock and using the SU Word Window punch.



As a finishing touch I added some small pearls to the corners around the image and then some larger pearls in corners around the outside edge. I was going to use rhinestones, but liked the soft elegant touch the pearls gave this card better.




Stamps: DRS Designs- Framed Poinsettia, Holiday Multi Greeting
Ink: Staz On Jet Black
Paper: SU! Smooth white, Bazzill Bling, DCWV Glitter Cardstock
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Shimmerz in Sagebrush and Burgundy, Hero Arts Pearls, SU! Word Window Punch, Michael's Holiday Ribbon Bow-tique
Finished Card Size: 5.75" x 5.75"



The DRS Designs DT will be back with a new challenge on January 12, 2009!!!
Thanks for visiting today!
Happy Holidays!

Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin