Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Sunflowers Out of Season!



Sorry to share this "Fall" card with you today--I know it's a little out of season, but I forgot to post it back in early November when I made it for a contest on the Stamp Shack. To be honest, I'm glad I forgot! I think going to bed late all last week and then cutting down our Christmas Tree this past Saturday in the 20 degree snowy weather has finally got to me & now I'm sick! So, my time in my craft room over the last few days has been limited and my free time is being spent in bed & on the couch! I do have some card layouts and ideas on paper, but I just need to get my energy back so I feel up to crafting. So, I'm glad I have something to share with you today.



Both the image & sentiment were stamped in black ink. I colored the image with Prismacolor Pencils and blended the colors with Gamsol. It's a little difficult to see, but after stamping the sentiment on the yellow cardstock, I ran it through my Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Embossing folder.
The edges of image and the yellow cardstock were inked with orange Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink.




Stamps: Sentiment by Amuse, Image by Great Impressions
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company,
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Cuttlebug and Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Ribbon by Maya Road, EK Success Decorative Corner Punch
Finished Card Size: 4.25" x 6"





Wish me luck...not only that I feel better and get some energy soon, but also because I'm planning on baking my first turkey (ever!) for dinner on Wednesday. There's no changing my mind now, as the bird 's been thawing all weekend! (Darn this cold!) I'm even planning on soaking it in a Herb Brine solution today! To add to it I'm even attemping a Sweet Potato Casserole. Sounds like Thanksgiving doesn't it? I figured I've never made a large meal like this before, so who better to practice on than DH! Plus, he eats so often and never complains about what's for dinner as long as there's food to eat. A 10 pound Turkey with a few fixin's should do him good for a few days, don't you think? Let me know if you have any advice to share about brining or making a turkey. I'll gladly accept any tips you may have, like I said this is my first Turkey ever!




Well, I hope you enjoyed today's card. Hopefully I'll be back in the swing of things soon!




Smiles,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a darling card!! I love seeing different creations other than Christmas this time of year!! :) TFS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin