Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Saturday, July 18, 2009

It's Time "For the Birds!"

Welcome to the 2nd Sunflowers & Dragonflies blog challenge!


This week’s challenge is "For the Birds." Use bird images-ducks, geese, owls etc, anything with feathers and wings! Anyone can play along in the challenge and we hope you will! There are no limits on time or supplies. Of course we’d prefer that you use images by Sunflowers and Dragonflies, but feel free to use other images. Your participation will enter you in a drawing to win a Nestability set for free! Please post a direct link to your challenge project on the Sunflowers and Dragonflies Challenge #2 Post from either your blog or an online gallery so we can view it. If you upload to an online gallery, please use the keyword S&D2. You have until next Friday, at noon, to get your challenge finished and linked on the S&D Challenge #2 Blog Post. Good luck!


I completed this week's challenge using the Owl image from Sunflowers and Dragonflies.




I colored this Beauty with Primacolor pencils and blended the colors with Gamsol. Then I cut it out using my Nestie Die & sponged light blue ink around it while it was still in the die.



Fun layout don't you think?!?!?! Well, I've recently discovered Sheet Loads & I used the July layout for this sketch. If you participate in card swaps or make several cards with the same design, you'll definitely want to check them out. Each month they give you the layout recipe to reproduce 8+ cards while maximizing your materials & speed the making progress. I am in awe, and wish I found them sooner!





The flowers I used on this card are Prima flowers that are also for sale from Sunflowers and Dragonflies. I layered them and fixed them in place with a brad & adhered leaf accents to the back before adhering them on the card front.



Stamps: Sunflowers and Dragonflies Creative Designs- Owl
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, SU! Bashful Blue
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, American Crafts, Pattern Paper by DCWV
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Nesties, Prima Flowers, EK Success Leaf Paper Punch and border punch, brads by Joann's Scrap Essentials
Finished Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"



I've used this owl image to made 2 other cards in the past. You can see them HERE and HERE.


Make sure to check out the paper piecing projects from the other S&D DT members:

Beth N.
Beth U.


*****All bird stamps are 20% off until next Saturday. See the S&D Challenge #2 Blog post for more details.

I look forward to seeing your "bird" project. Good Luck on winning the Nestability set!

Have a wonderful Saturday!


Smiles,
Jennifer

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH Jennifer this is just gorgeous! What a fun layout indeed! I will have to get out that site! Your flowers totally ROCK!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful layout Jen!! Love the colors and the image is colored so beautifully!! :)

Beth Norman said...

I really, really like your card. When I saw it, my jaw dropped at the beautiful blue flowers against the brown. Lovely work.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin