Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Cutie Pie Kids Beach Baby!


Are you enjoying all of the new images the DRS Designs DT has been showing off this week? Do you have a list of "must haves" started? The Sneak Peeks are still going strong this week as the DRS Designs DT is previewing all of the new designs that will be released this Saturday!

For all of you in love with the Cutie Pie Kids, here's another one to add to your stamp collection! This Beach Baby is ready for a day at the beach or a swim in the pool!



For this card I created my own pattern paper by stamping the sun image from the new 4 in 1 beach background stamp on yellow cardstock. For the other half of the card I used a wave border punch along the top border of light blue cardstock and then ran it through my Cuttlebug. I covered the seam with some fun blue toned ribbon, added some blue brads to match and adhered it to a blue cardstock base.

Well, there's not too much to this bare belly Cutie--She was simply colored with Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol, layered with cardstock cut with Nesties, and then matted on my cardstock base as described above. I did add Diamond Glaze to all of the water droplets around her and on the puddle she was standing in. Too bad that stuff can be hard to photograph sometimes, I *heart* the look!

Stamps: DRS Designs- Beach Baby, 4 in 1 Beach Background-Both to be released on 7/18/09
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink, SU!
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company, American Crafts
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Nesties, Cuttlebug and Divine Swirls Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Brads by making Memories, Ribbon By Maya Road, Fiskars Boundary Waters Border Punch, Diamond Glaze
Finished Card Size: 4.5" x 4.5"




How would you like to win this Beach Baby and her Brother?


Vicki, one of the other DRS Designs DT members is giving away some blog candy on her blog Stamped Smiles, that includes both of the soon to be released Cutie Pie Kids along with some other fun stuff. All you have to do to be entered in the drawing is to pick any DRS challenge and play along to enter...that's it!
You have until Sunday, July 26th to enter and the winner will be announced that evening at 8:00 PM (CST).


Good Luck!


Smiles,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet image- love the waves! So makes me want to run to the beach, but it might be a little cold since it is currently only 59 degrees! LOL

Anonymous said...

Jen, this is so very sweet!! I love your fun layout and especially that wave border punch!! Can I ask where or where did you get one of those? I've been looking for one and can't find it anywhere!!

Thanks for the candy mention!! HUGS

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin