Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Friday, July 3, 2009

For the Birthday Party!

Two of my friends had birthday's earlier this week and I needed a card for each of them. I had some down time at work the week before, so I was able to color up 2 Swirly Birthday cake images from DRS Designs ahead of time to make their cards. I decided on using a pretty simple layout since I was making the same card twice.


Of course I colored it with Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol. The dark "chocolate" lines you see on the cake were done with marker. I used sponge daubers to fill in some blue shading around the candles while it was still in my Nestie die.




I added Stickles to the candle flames, the big yellow flower and the flower garnishes which helped to dress up the simple layout. I love the fun colors on this card! The light blue & purple go so well together & the chocolate brown just makes everything pop!


Stamps: DRS Designs- Girly Swirly Cake (M454), Sweet Birthday Sentiment (E161)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink French Blue
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by American Crafts
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Bic Markers, Copic Markers C2 & C3, Nesties, Spiral Clip & Ribbon by the Paper Studio, Yellow Stickles, Brads by Joann's Scrap Essentials, EK Success Decorative Corner Punch
Finished Card Size: 4 5/8" x 5 1/4"


Stay tuned for tomorrow...I'm participating in the Scrapbook News & Reviews 4th of July Blog Hop & I have 2 (yes, 2!) Red, White, and Blue Projects to share with you and some free goodies too!

Hope you all have a wonderful 4th of July weekend!

Thanks for visiting today!

Smiles,
Jennifer

4 comments:

Beth Norman said...

Very, very pretty. I love the purple so much. The colours you chose are lovely.

Anonymous said...

Oh now Jen...this just looks OH so yummy!!! I adore your coloring and the fun layout!! So lovely!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend my dear!! :) HUGS

Jessica G. said...

Such pretty cards! Your color combo and sparkle makes them perfect girl friend cards!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! I love the colors you used- GORGEOUS! I need some cake now! te he he!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin