Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Super Hero Beach Boy!

Doesn't this Cutie look like he's ready to tackle the waves at the beach?



He's one of the newest Cutie Pie Kids released by DRS Designs, just in time for Summer fun! I colored him with Prisma color Pencils and blended the colors with Gamsol. I also used the sun from the new 4 in 1 Beach Background stamp in the background & the new "Fun in the Sun" sentiment to decorate my card front.



For a fun effect, I added Diamond Glaze to the puddle at his feet, on his goggles and to all of the water droplets around him.



This Cutie Pie Kid would make a great Pool Party invitation or he'd also be perfect for a Summer Birthday Party invite, don't you agree?


Stamps: DRS Designs- Beach Boy (F1096), Fun in the Sun Sentiment (D1072), 4 in 1 Beach Bacground (D1099)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink, SU!
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company, American Crafts
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Copic Marker C1, SU! Photo Corner Punch, Spiral Clip By The Paper Studio, Ribbon By Peebles Inc, Diamond Glaze
Finished Card Size: 3.75" x 5.5"



Hope you having a wonderful Summer!


Thanks for visiting today.

Smiles,
Jennifer

6 comments:

Beth Norman said...

What a cute superhero. Your layouts are always so interesting. I really like how you stamped the sun in behind.

Anonymous said...

Such a fun card! WE LOVE SUPERHERO's in my house! Great layout!

Cathy Rulli said...

What a fun card!! TFS

Anonymous said...

AWW!! How sweet!! I love the fun yellow background with the words!! he's so adorable here Jen!! ;) HUGS

Jessica G. said...

What a cutie! These colors are perfect for him, aren't they? And I really like how you used the sun image to create the perfect DP for him, too!

Samantha said...

Great card Jennifer! I love the colors on this one. TFS

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin