Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Friday, July 31, 2009

Meet Dusty!

TGIF! Happy Friday everyone! Boy, what a long week it has been for me--I'm glad to be able to sleep in tomorrow. *See ear to ear smile on my face*! I hope to get lots of stamping done over the weekend too. We'll be leaving for our Summer vacation in about a week and I want to be able to show you some things while I'm gone. I'll be busy planning some blog posts ahead of time just for that.



Unfortunately, we won't be going to the ocean for our Vacation, so there's no chance of doing any snorkeling and seeing seahorses like Dusty here, or any starfish for that matter either!


Dusty is the new Sea Horse image recently released by DRS Designs.


I colored him with Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol and then slathered him with Stickles! Once it was dry I cut him out using my Nesties die and then sponged around him with peach ink before taking the image out of the die. I stamped the starfish from the 4 in 1 beach background stamp in the background. This card was simply embellished with a little white satin ribbon, a border punch a decorative corner punch, and a spiral clip.




You can see just how much of the Stickles goo I put on him by the by the way he glitters and really captures the light in this photo.



Stamps: DRS Designs- Dusty the Seahorse (E1050), 4 in 1 Beach Background (D1099)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, SU! Blush Blossom
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company, American Crafts
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Nesties, Ribbon By Offray, EK Success Decorative Corner Punch, Icicle Stickles, Spiral Clip by The Paper Studio, Fiskars treading Water Border Punch
Finished Card Size: 5.5" x 4.5"




Do your Summer plans include any time at the beach this year?

Thanks for stopping by today & for all of your wonderful comments. I enjoy reading each one!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Smiles,
Jennifer

PS: Stay tuned for another Sunflowers and Dragonflies Blog Challenge to be posted tomorrow. Wanna win free Nestability sets?

4 comments:

Jessica G. said...

Fun idea to make Dusty sparkly -- he really pops now!

Beth Norman said...

Dusty is a cutie. Love the stickles.

Anonymous said...

He's so super cute Jennifer!! Love all the sparkle!! ;)

Samantha said...

I'm a sucker for a 'fancy' seahorse! He's so cute!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin