Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, July 13, 2009

Season's Greetings Genie Bag Challenge

Today begins the 25th challenge over at the DRS Designs DT blog. Today's challenge is to make a genie bag. It's a quick and inexpensive way to package just about anything. Any size bag will do...you can find the tutorial HERE on SCS.



We would love for you to play along with us. Just post a direct link to your creation in the comment section of the challenge #25 post on the DRS Designs Blog so we can come check it out. If you upload to public gallery, please use the keyword DRSC25.



Is it too early to think of the winter Holidays and Season's Greetings? Once the holidays roll around I always wish I had more gift bags--it so much quicker & easier to "wrap" gifts this way rather then using regular wrapping paper--no scissors or tape, and no wrestling with the long roll! I thought I'd start rounding up a gift bag collection now so I'll be all set when the Holidays get here. I created this holiday Genie Bag for my challenge project to add to it.




I started this project with a white lunch bag and layered it with blue cardstock. I stamped the easy Snowflake Background stamp repeatedly with blue ink on white cardstock and adhered it on top of the blue cardstock. I colored the main image with Prismacolor Pencils and blended them with Gamsol. I spiced it up by adding Stickles to each part of the image.




I stamped the sentiment with black ink and cut it out using my square Nesties and sponged light blue ink around it while it was still in the Nesties die. I arranged the image and the sentiment on a light blue panel of cardstock and added ribbon and the snowflake ribbon slide before adhering it onto the bag.



Stamps: DRS Designs- Four Seasons (M270), All Seasons Sentiment (H296), Snowflake Ribbon Slide (D932), Snowflake Background (H187)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, SU! Bashful Blue, Brillant Blue
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by American Crafts
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Nesties, Red, Yellow, Golden Rod, Orange, Pink and Clear Stickles, Ribbon by Michael's Holiday Bow-tique, SU! Word Window Punch, EK Success Snowflake Border Punch
Finished Bag Size: 7 7/8" x 5 1/4"



Today I'd also like to send a big Thanks to my friend Beth who nominated me for this blogger award. Please visit her blog at Nana's Memories and More to see all of her great projects. I love how she uses different techniques often & creates a look and style all of her own! I'm sure you'll enjoy her blog as well!



Here are seven things about myself that you might find interesting:

1. My dad and I share the same birth date-February 6th
2. My favorite movies are: Top Gun, Pretty Woman, and Steel Magnolias
3. I'm addicted to my computer!
4. I love coffee!
5. My favorite house hold chore (if there could be one!) is laundry!
6. I'm NOT a morning person!
7. I'm afraid of Thunderstorms


Well, that's it for today, but stay tuned...Sneak Peeks of DRS Designs next release starts tomorrow! Whooo Hoo!

Thanks for visiting today! Hope you all have a wonderful week!

Smiles,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Debbie Seyer said...

Love your Christmas bag! Its not too early to start and you gave me a great idea! Thanks and great job!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, this is just gorgeous!! I love the pretty sparkle you've added to your bag and the images are perfect!! Great idea!! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin