Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, July 27, 2009

DRS Designs Faux Stitching Challenge

Happy Monday Everyone! Today begins challenge #26 in the DRS Designs DT challenge series! Today's challenge is faux stitching! Very easy, very cool and adds a perfect finishing touch to most projects. We would love for you to play along with us...post a direct link to your creation in the comment section on the DRS Designs Blog Challenge #26 post. If you upload to a public gallery, please use the keyword DSC26.


For my challenge card I whipped up this quick and easy Get Well/Sympathy card.




I stamped off the new Silhouette Background Trees image twice and paired it with the "You're on My Mind" sentiment. I used the SU! paper piercing template to pierce the cardstock around the edges and then used a black gel pen to connect the dots. I simply embellished the card front with some black grosgrain ribbon and a spiral clip. The criss crosses you see in the upper right corner were faux stitched as well.

Stamps: DRS Designs- Silhouette Background Trees (F1030), "You're on My Mind" sentiment (F676)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Paper: Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company, American Crafts
Accessories: SU! Paper Piercing Template, Making Memories Paper Piercer, Ribbon by Bobbie M. Designs, Spiral Clip by The Paper Studio, Black Gelly Roll Pen
Finished Card Size: 4.75" x 6"


One thing I learned while making this card is that for me, faux stitching is almost just a difficult to do as real stitching. Regardless of which method I use, I have the hardest time trying to keep my lines straight! Next time I use this technique I'm going to start by drawing a line with pencil and a ruler, pierce my cardstock along that drawn line and then connect the lines with a gel pen using a ruler for that as well. So, now looking back, I guess this challenge was really a challenge for me and I've bettered myself since I've learned from it. Crooked lines help give my card some character, right?


Thanks for visiting today!

Smiles,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Jessica G. said...

Very elegant card and your stitching is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Lovely take with the stitching girl!! Love how you've stamped the image too!! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin