Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Color Throwdown Challenge

DRS Designs is sponsoring the color challenge this week on the Color Throwdown Blog. The challenge is to use the colors Garden Green, So Saffron and Lavendar Lace. Here's the card I came up with for the challenge.



The Make a Wish image by DRS Designs was colored with markers. I created the 4 background panels by stamping the Open Plaid background stamp in Lavender Lace and So Saffron, and then cut them out & matted them using cardstock cut with Nesties. I also added some fun yellow ribbon.



I inked the edges around the image before I matted it and then added yellow Stickles to the candle flames.





Stamps: DRS Designs- Make a Wish
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink, SU!
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company, American Crafts
Accessories: Bic Markers, Nesties, Cuttlebug and Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Yellow Stickles
Finished Card Size: 6.25" x 5.25"


Run over to the Color Throwdown Blog to see what kind of goodies DRS Designs is giving away to one lucky participant. If you're loving their new releases then your gonna wanna play in this one!
Hope you have a wonderful day!

Smiles,
Jennifer

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful sketch Jen!! I really love the four plaid corners!! AWESOME!! :) The colors are pretty too...I see purple!! TEE!

Jessica G. said...

What a great birthday card; the plaid is awesome!!

Anonymous said...

WOW this color combo is not something I would use but man oh man does it rock on your card! Great Birthday card!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin