Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Bee-Cause You're Special!

I'm still showing off stamps from DRS Designs latest release. I don't know about you, but I just can't get enough of them.



Today's card is showing off the Bitsy Bee you see in the background. He really is itsy bitsy, measuring in at .75" x .75"--perfect for backgrounds & making your own pattern paper!


I used the large Bee as my main focal image. It was colored with markers and layered (and layered, LOL!) with cardstock cut with my Nesties.



This card is also accented with black grosgrain ribbon--the ribbon tags were adhered to the background panel with staples that I colored with a black Sharpee marker. The "Bee-cause You're Special!" sentiment was stamped in the lower right corner with black ink.




Stamps: DRS Designs- Bitsy Bee (A1020), Bee-Cause You're Special Sentiment (F544), Bee (c561)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company, American Crafts
Accessories: Bic Markers, Nesties, Ribbon By Bobbie M. Designs, Copic marker C1, Regular Office Staples, Sharpee Black Marker
Finished Card Size: 4 1/8" x 6 1/8"



The latest release from DRS Designs is not my only inspiration for this card. At my house lately we seem to have a Bee problem. While I was out watering our new landscaping beds the other day I noticed about 50 bees flying around one of our berry trees. Every now and then I'd see one fly up toward the bricks of our garage. It seems they are building a nest or have a home in the spaces between the bricks on our garage! Grrr! From talking with the neighbor lady she said 3 years ago she had a bee problem & she had to have her house sprayed--they were coming through the gas fireplace vent on the back side of her house & then coming in the house through the fireplace. They would be sitting in their family room watching TV and then all of a sudden a bee would be flying around them. Yikes! I won't be letting my bee problem get as bad as that, but I just wish they would just Bee-gone! LOL!

Thanks for visiting today. I hope you have a Bee-utiful day! (Sorry, I just couldn't resist! LOL!)

Smiles,
Jennifer

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn!! I love this whole layout!! Your bees are adorable!! The tiny bee for the BG was a very clever idea!! :) SWEET card!! HUGS

Anonymous said...

What a super cool layout! The bees are sooo cute! Love your card!

Jessica G. said...

Great way to create personalized DP!

We have the opposite problem with bees -- there aren't enough around; it's all bumblebees. You wouldn't want to trade, would you??

Samantha said...

Great card Jennifer! Those are definitely 'happy' bees!

Beth Norman said...

Good golly, get treating for those bees. Yikes! Cute card.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin