Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Pink Elephant Challenge With Pink Pigs!

DRS Designs is sponsoring the challenge this week on the Pink Elephant Challenge Blog to make a card with your favorite colors. One of my favorite color combos is pink & brown, so I decided to use the DRS Designs Leonard's Bath Time Buddies stamp for my challenge card.


The layout I used followed last weeks Splitcoast Sketch challenge #234. I stamped the cute little piggies in brown and colored them with pink marker. Then I cut them out with my rectangle Nesties and sponged brown ink all around them while they were still in the die. I layered them as shown & used plaid ribbon to decorate the corners. I painted them with Shimmerz to give them a little shine!



I created the side panels using the DRS Designs Lots Of Lines Background stamp on white cardstock with pink ink. I sponged it with brown ink and used my Nesties to cut out & layer 2 panels to place on either side of the focal image as seen in the sketch. I decorated those panels with some brown brads and arranged then on pink cardstock to create my card front.


I used the Hogwash Saying for the sentiment, and split it up so part of the sentiment was above & below the image--another bonus of having unmounted stamps--the ease of making them more versatile! It would have been a bit more difficult to do if the sentiment was wood mounted!

Stamps: DRS Designs- Leonard's Bath Time Buddies (K719), Hogwash Saying (E722), Lots of Lines Background (H366)
Ink: Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink Chestnut Roan, SU! Chocolate Chip, Cameo Coral
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by American Crafts
Accessories: Bic Markers, Nesties, Ribbon unknown from my stash, brads by Joann's Scrap Essentials, Burgundy Shimmerz, sponges
Finished Card Size: 6" x 5"


So, What are your favorite colors? Make sure to check out the challenge post on the Pink Elephant blog for all the details on how you can win some awesome new rubber from DRS Designs. Hurray, the challenge only runs for one week and will close this Sunday, July 5th at 12 midnight EST!! Winner will be announced on Tuesday Evening.

Good Luck & Have a wonderful day!

Smiles,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWW!! How sweet!! This is just cute cute cute!! Gorgeous job on the layout Jen and that plaid middle panel is awesome...so are the colors!! (OK..it's ALL awesome!!)

Jessica G. said...

Pink and brown is the perfect color combo for Leo and his crew! Great job with the sketch, too!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin