Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sea Shells By The Sea Shore

Along with the other new "Fun in the Sun" releases from DRS Designs was this Conch Shell image. It's a great complement to all of the beach theme stamps, but for today's card I decided to pair it with this "Take Time to Laugh" sentiment. I love the soft, serene feel this card has.


I'm really happy with how this clean and simple card turned out. I don't do "clean and simple" very often because I have a hard time accepting all of the empty space and my perfectionist eye really wanted to add more to this one--a few brads here, a metal clip there, and I think it needs a touch more ribbon too! BUT, I was trying to take a new turn with this one, so clean and simple it is! LOL!


Here's a close up of the conch shell that I colored with Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol. I love that peachy, coral color!


Stamps: DRS Designs- Conch Shell (F1107), Take Time To Laugh Sentiment (E026)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, SU! Creamy Caramel
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Textured cardstock by American Crafts and Bazzill
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Nesties, Cuttlebug and Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Ribbon unknown
Finished Card Size: 4.5" x 5.5"



This card is the theme to how I'm going to handle this week--Cool, calm, and collected! I plan on relaxing a bit as it's the calm before the storm per say. My sister-in-law is getting married on August 8th, so with all of the wedding festivities that will be going on next week, it will be a little hectic around here. I'm her Matron of Honor and she'll be getting ready for the big day at our house. I know it will be a lot of fun, and it's probably going to feel like Hollywood with the Photographer and Videographer at my house, but until then we have a lot on our Honey-do lists to get ready. Earlier this week we finally got our sod put in--yeah, no more DIRT! I'll have pics to show you of all our new landscaping too. So, that's definitely one less thing to worry about for next week--check!


Have a great day!

Smiles,
Jennifer

3 comments:

Jessica G. said...

Very elegant card with gorgeous coloring on the seashell! Have fun with the wedding!!

Anonymous said...

Such wonderful warm colors! This is lovely! I love the saying!

Anonymous said...

I love this Jen!! Pretty colors and so serene looking!! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin