Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Friday, March 13, 2009

Who Let the Dogs Out?

TGIF & Happy Friday the 13th!

Just a quick reminder for you to check out the DRS Designs Blog today for you to get to know Michelle, the first Featured Friday Stamper. She was given a set of Easter images to use and you can see what she came up with on the DRS Designs Blog.

TGIF! I just can't seem to stress that enough today. For our Fun Filled Friday Challenge this week, I challenged Kimmy to create a card using a dog image.

I've had this dog image from Rubbernecker colored & blended for a while, so I figured this was the perfect opportunity to create him into a card. I think I actually got this image from Kimmy when we traded images one day--wonder what dog image she'll use for this challenge??? Will this be the first Fun Filled Friday where we use the same image?? Don't forget to run over to Kimmy's blog to see her challenge card.

This card is pretty straight forward and self explanatory. I didn't get too fancy with this one, but I've brought my computer back into card making by computer generating the sentiment. This poor little puppy looks like he's sad cause he missed the birthday party. I thought he'd make a great belated birthday card, so that's exactly what I made!

He is colored with Prismacolor Pencils and then the colors were blended with Gamsol. I sponged light blue ink around him to create the sky and then used a scallop die to sponge in some clouds in the background. I matted the image as shown and then used my SU! Word Window punch and some brads to fill in the empty space.



Stamps: Rubbernecker- Birthday Dog
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in French Blue
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company and American Crafts
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, SU! Word Window Punch, Brads by Joann's Scrap Essentials, Sentiment is computer generated.
Finished Card Size: 3.75" x 6.5"


I'm so glad the weekend is here! It has been a long exhausting week for me & I blame the Daylight Savings time change 100%! It time for me to catch up on some sleep, catch up on some card making & spend Sunday having fun at the St. Patty's Day parade! I hope to get some good pics to share with all of you!

I wish you all a wonderful weekend.

Thanks for visiting today!

Smiles,
Jennifer

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How adorable! I love it.

XOXO
Sara

Anonymous said...

So cute!

Anonymous said...

What an adorable doggie!! Just love it and your coloring is awesome!! TFS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin