Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, March 30, 2009

No Layer Challenge Continued with Sneak Peeks!

I've got some exciting news for you today!!


DRS Designs will be holding their first blog hop this Friday, April 3rd to show you all of their new images that will be available this Saturday April 4th!!! How cool is that!?!?! They've got some really cute images coming out & you don't want to miss all the sneak peeks the DT has in store for you this week! Read on to see what sneak peeks I have for you today...



Last Monday DRS Designs announced a new blog challenge to create No Layer cards. I've made 2 more challenge cards to show you including a little sneak peek! I've used some of the new stamps on these cards!


The sentiment on this card is part of the new release, and of course this cute little bee is also by DRS Designs. Please don't mind his very blue wings! I colored him with marker and used a very light blue color on his wings, but when I applied Stickles to them, it made the blue marker look so much darker. How many bees have you seen with blue wings? LOL! I bet this is the first! Regardless, he is perfect for this sentiment and I love its curvy look! It really give the impression of a bee buzzing around. I also scored the area around the image and sentiment with my Score-Pal. You have to really look close to see it. I never realized how hard it was to capture Score lines in a picture. I took several pics of this card & I think this one turned out the best.

Stamps: DRS Designs- Happy Bee, Bee-Cause You're Special Sentiment (soon to be released)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Paper: Premade cards by Joann's Scrap Essentials
Accessories: Bic Markers, Score-Pal, Stickles
Finished Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"



My second card for today is this No Layer Birthday Card.

I colored the Daisy Flower Corner images with Prismacolor Pencils. No need for Gamsol on this one...the lines are way too fine for my blending stumps. I added the light green ribbon around the top and (also hard to see) 2 horizontal Score lines below the stamped design.

Stamps: DRS Designs- Birthday Wishes Come True Sentiment, Daisy Flower Corner (Both to be released soon)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Paper: Premade cards by Joann's Scrap Essentials
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Score-Pal, ribbon by American Crafts
Finished Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"


Have you made a no layer card recently, or are you willing to take on the challenge? If so, run over to this DRS Designs Blog Post and post a link to your card. DRS Designs is offering a set of note cards, an ink pad and an unmounted image to a random participant. Be sure to link your creation by 8pm on Sunday, April 5 to be included in the drawing.

Don't forget that the DRS Designs first blog hop will take place on Friday.

Thanks for visiting here today. Have a wonderful day!

Smiles,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Gorgeous one-layer Jen!! I love the pretty design you've created with that bee!! :) And just love what you did with your flower corner images too!! Fab designs!! TFS!

Beth Norman said...

No layers, eh?! Wonderful work. I esp love the bee card. For being a one layer, it really captures my eyes.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin