Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Birthday Boy Cutie!

Here's one of those New Cutie Pie Kid images by DRS Designs!




This new line of stamps is absolutely adorable! Have you seen them all?
I have them all stamped & colored, but this is the first one I've had a chance to create into a card. I'll be busy the rest of the week making cards with the other ones.

I colored this Birthday Boy with Prismacolor Pencils and blended them with Gamsol. I inked the edges in yellow and matted it as shown. I added 4 red brads to bring out some color and stamped "Happy Birthday" in the empty space below him.

I heat embossed the star background image with gold embossing powder on the cardstock base. Then I added a panel of red cardstock decorated with a strip of shiny blue ribbon with a gold trim. I adhered the matted image to the cardstock base & added red and gold Stickles to add some glitz to his birthday hat! Viola! This Cutie Pie was done!




Stamps: DRS Designs- Cutie Pie Kids-Best Present Ever, Interlocking Star Background, Happy Birthday Sentiment
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Yellow Orchre, Versamark
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by American Crafts
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Brads by Making Memories, Ribbon by Michael's Holiday Ribbon Bow-tique, Creative Beginnings Gold Embossing Powder, Red and Golden Rod Stickles
Finished Card Size: 5 3/8" x 5 1/4"


Make sure to check back tomorrow for Card Sketch Wednesday. I'll have another Easter card to share with you!

Thanks for stopping by!

Smiles,
Jennifer
(P.S. Sorry these images are a little dark today. It's a rainy, dark and gloomy day here in Michigan--not very ideal for indoor picture taking! )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a super duper cute Birthday boy card! I love the glitter hat!

Anonymous said...

Oh Jen!! He really IS a cutie here!! Just love the way you've colored him in!! TFS! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin