Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Spring is in the Air!

Happy Wednesday everyone!
I'm thrilled that the weekend is almost here! Here's today's sketch for the Card Sketch Wednesday Challenge:

Grab your stamps, ink, and cardstock and play along! I'd love to see your version of this sketch.
Here's mine:


This adorable image is a new one from DRS Designs. It's called Easter Sleepover! I colored this image with Prismacolor Pencils and blended the colors with Gamsol. I used a post-It Note to create a mask for this image and sponged blue ink around it.

I used my Nesties to cut the Squares for the sketch and added brads and white satin ribbon with a bow to decorate the card front.




I love when Easter is almost here, it means that Spring is in the Air and we can kiss the cold weather and snow goodbye for one more year!

Stamps: DRS Designs- Easter Sleepover
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in French Blue
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by Bazzill and American Crafts
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Bic Markers, Nesties, Offray White Satin Ribbon, Brads by Making Memories
Finished Card Size: 4.5" x 4.5"


Please leave me a link to your Sketch Wednesday card if you get a chance to create with it, so I can check it out!

Thanks for visiting today!


Smiles,
Jennifer

3 comments:

Jessica G. said...

Beautiful card -- the sponged background really makes these vibrant image pop!

Anonymous said...

Jen, this is totally adorable!! :) I really love the gorgeous colors you've put together on this one!! Cute sketch too! TFS!

Anonymous said...

Very cute card!!!!Great choice of colors.
bell

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin