Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Gone Fishing!

Here's another cute and fabulous image from Sunflowers and Dragonflies Creative Designs! I just love this lil guy, and I'm sure you can plan on seeing more of him (and his friends too!)




Got any fishermen in your life? This would make a great masculine birthday or Father's day card. If the man in your life isn't into fishing, be sure to check out his friends, like the Hockey Beaver and the Basketball Beaver. They'd make great masculine cards too! I like that these images are versatile--cute enough for us girls to color and create cards with, yet masculine enough for men and boys to receive them too!


This Fishing Beaver image was fun and easy to color! I colored him with Prismacolor Pencils and blended the colors with Gamsol. I also used a stipple brush and creamy brown ink to shade in the background around the image. The little bit of red you see peeking out of the corners are actually photo corners tucked under the mat.


I added Diamond Glaze to his tackle box to give it that metal look. I love making things on my cards look realistic!

Hope you've enjoyed this one as much as I have!



Stamps: Sunflowers and Dragonflies Creative Designs- Fishing Beaver
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Lipstick Red and Creamy Brown
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company and Bazzill, Plaid pattern paper by Rocky Mountain Scrapbook Company
Accessories: Brads by Making Memories, SU! Photo Corner Punch, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Diamond Glaze
Finished Card Size: 5 3/8" x 5 3/4"



Thanks for visiting today and everyday. I appreciate it!


Stay tuned for tomorrow's Card Sketch Wednesday. I plan on sharing some green beer with you! (wink!) I'm sure I have you curious now, but you'll just have to wait till tomorrow to see it!


Have a wonderful day!

Smiles,
Jennifer


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I agree this lil fellow is adorable! I think it would make a wonderful Father's day card! LOVE IT!

Heather said...

This is totally adorable!!! Great coloring! Fabulous card!

Anonymous said...

TEEHEE!! This image makes me smile!! :) I love your plaid papers...goes perfect with your image!! Nice coloring too!! TFS! ;)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin