Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, March 16, 2009

St. Patrick's Day Parade


Yesterday we spent the day downtown a the St. Patrick's Day parade. We had so much fun! The weather was about 54 degrees and sunny--picture perfect! I have many pictures to share with you today. You should be able to click on any of these pictures for a close up view.

My Husband plays the bag pipes and his band was in the parade. Here is a picture of the band in action. He is the fourth one from the left. His cousin, Stevie, is carrying the blue Michigan flag. His Uncle Steve is in the way back, If you look close, he's the one with the long moustache, lime green scarf and black jacket.



Close up of the guys. Stevie is the second one from the left, my Husband is the 4th from the left.



The 3 fine fellas! Please disregard the beer cans! :-)



How I forgot to take a group picture of all of us is beyond me! So sorry about that, I guess I was too focused on taking pictures of everything else! To give you a mental picture, we all wear green, we collect green beads, and some even accessorize! Here's our Friend Terry showing off her hat and beard! Looking at this picture just makes me crack up!




Of course there was also the clown acts and other fun Irish characters that always make the parade entertaining!
This first one is of the fire fighter clowns.


Mrs. Hula Hoop Pants!



Lucky Leprechaun posing just for me!



Side by side 2 seater bike




And finally, what's a parade without a few fun floats!



Hope you've enjoyed these. Thanks for visiting today!

Happy St. Patty's Week!

Smiles,
Jennifer

3 comments:

Jessica G. said...

What a fun parade -- these would make an awesome scrapbook page with those DRS images!

Anonymous said...

TEEHEE!! Looks like you had a fun time at the parade!! :) TFS!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! Did you know, that my family use to walk in the parade with the Dunleavy's float. It was alot of fun. We did it in the 70's-around 1994....spartymom

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin