Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Just A Friendly Note

Hooray for Saturday! Working every other weekend sure has it's ups and downs, but having 2 days off in a row is the best part! It's when I truly get to relax and do whatever I want! Unfortunately doing what I want will be somewhat limited this weekend, since we have 2 birthday parties to go to today & tomorrow we are going to the St. Patty's Day parade downtown. I will still make time to play with my stamps though! I've got lots to do in that department!

This Cutie Pie card is one I whipped up after work last night. Isn't she sweet? This image is called Springtime Helper and is one of the new releases from DRS Designs.



I colored her with pencils and blended the colors with Gamsol. Then I sponged blue in k for the sky and green ink for the grass around her feet. The sentiment is also from DRS Designs--I love the font!




Stamps: DRS Designs- Cutie Pie Kids Collection, Springtime Helper, Friendly Note Sentiment
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Warm Green and French Blue
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by Bazzill
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Ribbon by Target's Club Wed
Finished Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"


So for those of you who love Blog Candy make sure to check out Kimmy's Blog. She's celebrating with a huge package of goodies to give away in honor of her Blogoversary and her 30th birthday!



So, how are you spending the weekend? Any St. Patrick's Day festivities going on in your neck of the woods? Hope you have a great one!


Thanks for visiting today, and I'll see you tomorrow :-)



Smiles,
Jennifer

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed she is sweet.

Jessica G. said...

Such a cute card! Beautiful job with the gamsol technique!!

Anonymous said...

How sweet Jen!! She's so very adorable!! Just love it!! :) TFS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin