Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Easter Peeps

So, are you all loving the new images released yesterday by DRS Designs? Are they not just the cutest ever? I'll be featuring many of these images over the course of next week. If you love to color (like Me!) then you'll love these images too!

Here's another card I made the other night using 2 of the latest stamps to fit the latest Splitcoast Stampers Sketch challenge, SC218.

First I stamped and colored the Duck's Decoration image with Pencils and blended the colors with Gamsol. Then I created the background by stamping the tiny chick image repeatedly on smooth white cardstock. I used a brayer to apply SU! So Saffron ink over the entire piece of cardstock to give it that pale yellow color. I colored the tiny chic bodies with pencil and then assembled the card as shown.

Pretty straight forward, pretty easy & pretty cute, cute, cute!



Stay tuned, I have tons more to show you! So much that I may have to post more than 1 card every day! If you're a regular reader of mine, you know that's so not like me. Enjoy it while it lasts! I guess I'm on a roll and in love with all these new images!


Stamps: DRS Designs- Duck's Decoration, Tiny chick
Ink: Staz On Jet Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Yellow Orchre, SU! So Saffron
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company, American Crafts
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Prima Flowers, Brads my Making Memories, EK Success Decorative Corner Punch, Brayer
Finished Card Size: 4" x 5.5"


Thanks for all of your sweet comments over the last few weeks. I appreciate every one!

Have a great weekend!

Smiles,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This card is so sweet! I love the colors- very striking! I am spring to be here so badly! Everything starting bloom and this icky snow melted away!

Anonymous said...

OMGOSH JEN!! This is adorable!! Love how you've created the BG!! :) SO SWEET!! TFS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin