Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, March 2, 2009

What Cancer Cannot Do


First things first...
Now that it's March I wanted to introduce the 2 new Guest Designers for DRS Designs. They will be with us through the end of April. Please help me welcome Debbie and Judy by stopping at their blog and leaving them some welcoming wishes! I'm very excited to be working with them--their work is awesome!


Next up, What Cancer Cannot Do. This card is right up there with Sympathy cards. I don't like making either one! However, we can't ignore the situation either. My Aunt was just diagnosed with breast cancer 3 weeks ago. She's only 36! I created this card with her in mind.



I just love the little Cuttlebug Ribbon die cuts on this card--they couldn't be more perfect! During my shopping spree at Michael's on Saturday, I found it on the clearance wall for $1.99! Gotta love that!


How do you intrepret this prayer? I see it as a message of hope and a "keep your head up" type of message. I was planing on adding another DRS Designs sentiment "Sending you a smile" to the bottom right of the card. However, My sister frowned upon it. She was over while I was creating this card and said it didn't really go with the prayer. It kind of got me thinking that keeping things on the simple side was better with this kind of card. What do you think?



Stamps: DRS Designs- Cancer Prayer
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink
Paper: Cardstock by Archiver's and American Crafts
Accessories: Cuttlebug and Cuttlebug ribbon die, Fiskars Treading Water Border Punch, Brads by Joann's Scrap Essentials, Rectangle Nesties, EK SUccess Corner Punch.
Finished Card Size: 6" x 5 1/8"

Well, after an enjoyable weekend off, it's back to work today for me.

I'll be back tomorrow!

Happy Monday everyone!


Smiles,
Jennifer

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great card! I love that stamp!

Anonymous said...

Totally gorgeous card Jen!!! :) Love those ribbons!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, beautifully made!

Anonymous said...

This card sure does give inspiration and hope. Very beautiful!
bell

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin