Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sympathy Is Many Hearts Sharing One Sorrow

I'm still not done playing with all of my Cutie Pie Kid images from DRS Designs. I have been extremely exhausted this week and haven't done much card making. I'll get to them soon I promise! So, unfortunately, no new Cutie Pie Kid cards today, but I do have another sympathy card to share.



This card idea and layout came very easy to me. This was the first card I've ever used clear embossing on, and I'm so pleased with the subtle beauty in this card. Sweet and simple, just like a Sympathy card should be!




Here's a close up of the Daffodil image that I clear embossed. It's kind of difficult to see in the picture above.




I stamped the sentiment with SU! Handsome Hunter ink, and decorated the empty space with dark green eyelets. Eyelets is another one of those embellishments that I have a ton of and don't use very often--glad I could put 4 to good use on this card!

Stamps: DRS Designs- Many Hearts One Sorrow Sentiment, Large Brush Daffodil
Ink: SU! Handsome Hunter
Paper: Cardstock by The Paper Company

Accessories: Rubber Stampede Embossing Ink, Clear Embossing Powder by Creative Beginnings, Eyelets by Joann's Scrap Essentials, Ribbon by Michael's
Finished Card Size: 5.25" x 6"

Tomorrow I will share my Fun Filled Friday Dog themed card with you. Did you get a chance to play? Have you made a dog themed card recently? If so, make sure to share the link with me, I'd love to see your work!

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope your day is wonderful!

Smiles,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this Jen, it's so soft and beautiful!! TFS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin