Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Saturday, August 9, 2008

"Survivor" Card Making Style

The Stamp Shack is hosting a Survivor card making game right now. It started just this past Wednesday on August 6th.

Here's how it works:


Each participant creates a card as their official game entry--anything you want. It can be plain and simple or it can contain several embellishments and be all dressed up. Each participant then posts their entry card to the Shack Gallery. Once the contest has begun, an 'Elimination Statement' is posted every morning. If your card contains the item listed in the elimination statement for that day, it is removed from the game and from the gallery. An elimination statement might look something like this: 'If your card contains a red brad, you are eliminated from play.' So, all entries containing a red brad(s) will be eliminated from the game. Elimination statements will be released each day until there is just one card remaining in the gallery. The final card is the Shack Survivor and is the winner of the contest and the prize!


For this round, the prize is a $25 gift certificate to My Favorite Things.


This is the card I submitted for the game.

Isn't he cute? I decided to go the simple route with this one. The moon was colored with Prismacolor Pencils, and his eyes were colored with a yellow-green Prismacolor Marker. Then I just layered the image a few times with Bazzill cardstock, used the decorative corner punch & that's it! This card measures 5" x 5".

  • Stamps: Image by Rubbernecker
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Bazzill cardstock, Smooth white cardstock from Office Depot
  • Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Prismacolor Markers, Decorative Corner punch-EK Success

Well, I am sad to announce that I was eliminated today. Here are the four elimination statements that I encountered during this round of play:

Elimination Statement #1: If your card has more than one patterned paper design, you are eliminated.

Elimination Statement #2: Your card must have at least two different solid colored cardstock layers (patterned paper is excluded). If not, you are eliminated.

Elimination Statement #3: If your card has checkered or polka dotted ribbon (any color or width) you are eliminated.

Elimination Statement #4: Your card must have at least one embellishment (ribbon, brad, eyelet, charm, clip, etc). If not, you are eliminated.

That last one is the one that did it for me! I thought my lack of embellishments would help me on this one-Apparently not!

Oh well...it has been fun so far. Wishing the best of luck to all the remaining Shackies on the Survivor Island!

Have a great day!

Smiles,

Jennifer

6 comments:

Etha said...

What a fun game! Sorry you got eliminated! That card is just wonderful!!

There She Goes Clear Stamps said...

The moon is colored beautifully! Great job!

Heather said...

Wow! This is gorgeous!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I'm sorry to hear you were eliminated. Your card is stunning!

Forgetfulone said...

What a creative game! I love the tiger! Sorry you got eliminated so soon.

Anonymous said...

This is such a stunning card!! Sounds like a fun game though!! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin