Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Just a Note...

The last few days I have been busy playing with the generous grab bag of stamps I received from DRS Designs. In 2 days I have completed 6 cards! That's quite an accomplishment for me, as I am a slow card maker. I've also received 2 sets of the Spellbinders Nestabilities, so I have been practicing cutting and embossing with them as well.


Here's one of the cards I recently made.



To create this card, I used 3 stamps from DRS Designs: D800 Simple Flourish, B244 Just a Note..., and K097 Plant Shelf. I colored the image with my Prismacolor Pencils and blended the colors with Gamsol. I used blue chalk to shade the area behind the plants (sorry it is difficult to see this in my picture). I matted the image a few times using cardstock that matched the colors I used in the image and then stamped the Simple Flourish image above and below the image. To finish it off, I added the Just a Note... stamp just below the image. Voila! Simple & quick, and I love the way the orange & light blue look together.


Did you know DRS Designs has a blog? You can see it here. The Design Team has been working hard over the last week with the first DRS Challenge-Inchies! We also have a lot in store for you in the upcoming weeks, so make sure to check back often.

Have a great day!

Smiles,
Jennifer

3 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Wow, six cards. Great! I've learned from you to colour images ahead of time, and in my new job that is possible on 3-11. This is such an elegant card.

MaryNSC said...

O wow it is so Pretty I got to go check them stamps out
Which nesta's do u like best??

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous!! I can't believe you did six?! Awesome job!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin