Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Birthday Quickie!

Do you find Birthday's sneak up on you and you're always in a hurry to get a birthday card mailed out? Well, here's a quick and easy birthday card I made that you can try. I really like it's quickness and it's simplicity!


To make this card, I first took smooth white cardstock and stamped the new ribbon card edger stamp by DRS Designs repeatedly in red ink. In the spaces between each ribbon I stamped "Happy Birthday" in black ink. Next, I trimmed the white cardstock so that it formed a rectangular shape--yes, that means really shortening up that ribbon edger image! I then matted this piece on red cardstock. After that, I matted it again on white cardstock, but this time I left a large white border around the red mat. Then, I matted it again for a third time with red cardstock.


At this point, I really liked how this stamped and matted piece looked on a white cardstock base. I cut the base to form a 4" x 6 1/4" sized card. It was simple looking, which I really liked, but it needed something. Then all of a sudden, a light bulb Light Bulb 2 went off in my head and I remembered that the challenge DRS Designs was holding on their blog was paper piercing! That's exactly what this card needed! So I got out my paper piercer and went to town! To start, I pierced a hole in each of the four corners on the wide, white mat. Then in each direction, I pierced another 4 holes, on all 4 sides as shown. I adhered it to the cardstock base & it was finished.

Quick, easy peasy, simple, and cute!


  • Stamps: All images by DRS Designs-Ribbon Card Edger, Happy Birthday Sentiment
  • Ink: Warm Red Fluid Chalk Ink, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Smooth White Cardstock from Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by Paper Reflections
  • Accessories: Making Memories Paper Piercer

Stay tuned for tomorrow. I have a new Sketch Challenge for you to try!

Have a great day!

Smiles,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a darling card!! :) The bows are so cute!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin