Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Friday, August 8, 2008

Pink and Green = Frog with Flowers!

For this weeks Fun Filled Friday Challenge, I challenged Kimmy to make a card that is pink and green!

What could be better for this challenge than this Rubbernecker image of a Frog holding pink flowers?


To make this card I first stamped the image and colored it with pencils and blended the colors using Gamsol. I used a decorative corner punch on all 4 corners of the image, and then inked the edges of the images using pink chalk ink. Next, I matted the image with green cardstock, and then matted the image again using light green patterned paper.

I used a photo corner punch to cut the pink photo corners for each corner of the matted image, and then used the smaller photo corner to add dimension to the upper right corner as shown. I added 3 green bling stickers to this photo corner.



Next, I used the slit punch to add an opening to tie the ribbon around. I adhered the matted image piece to a A2 size cardstock base. I finished the card by adding a pink bling sticker to the space between the 2 photo corners at the top & bottom of the image.

  • Stamps: Image by Rubbernecker
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Bazzill cardstock, DCWV The Stack 5
  • Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Notched Corner Punch by Marvy Uchida, Ribbon by Offray, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink, pink pastel, Bling-Me & My Big Ideas Icons Stickers, SU! Slit punch, SU! Photo Corner Punch.

Have a great weekend, and stay tuned for Monday when DRS Designs announces their first Blog Challenge!

Smiles,

Jennifer

1 comment:

Forgetfulone said...

That card is beautiful! Such detail and precision. I'm in awe!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin