Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Friday, August 15, 2008

Fun Filled Friday...Gettin' ready for the Holidays!

Kimmy decided this week's Fun Filled Friday Challenge required us to use heat embossing on our cards. Well, I recently received some fun stamps from DRS Designs and had a craving for a holiday card.


Hey, I don't know about you, but our nights here in Michigan are really starting to cool down! Driving in my car at night I actually have put the heat on! We all know the holidays aren't too far off anyways...less than 150 days actually. Yikes! I think this ticker makes it sound better!



So, why not thoughts of cooler temperatures, snow and snowmen, the the hustle & bustle of the holidays?

With that in mind, here's my card for this weeks heat embossed Fun Filled Friday Challenge!



    • Stamps: All Stamps by DRS Designs-Golfing Snow Ball Man K448, Have a Jolly Holiday! D480, Pine Bough K467, and Snowflake Easy Background K187
    • Ink: Rubber Stampede Embossing Ink
    • Paper: White Bazzill cardstock, dark blue smooth cardstock by Paper Reflections
    • Accessories: Heat gun, Creative Beginnings white embossing powder, silver ribbon from my stash (brand unknown), Icicle Stickles by Ranger





    The entire card was created by using 4 stamps by DRS Designs that were all heat embossed in white. I added some Icicle Stickles to the pine branches and some silver ribbon for a more elegant effect. I made this card larger than usual, 6" x 6", so that I had more room to create the snow scene without all of the images being so cramped in a smaller space.











    Of course it wasn't as simple as it sounds. First, I stamped and embossed the snowman. Next, was the sentiment, and the pine branches followed. Embossing all of those wasn't too bad. The snowflakes were a little more difficult to accomplish! I had to do a little masking to get them strategically placed. However, I am very happy with the final result!







    Don't forget to check out Kimmy's Heat embossed Challenge card.


    Now...I challenge you to participate with us! Kimmy has a blog candy drawing for everyone who participates in our fun filled challenge Fridays. Just post a link to your finished card on her blog. Just make sure you create your cards using the same themes as we post every Sunday.

    Have a great weekend!


    Smiles,
    Jennifer

    No comments:

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin