Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Ladybug!

I received this cute little lady bug saying from DRS Designs and I just had to pair it up the their lady bug image when I used it.
I also created this card using the DRS Designs bi-weekly challenge in mind as well--this week is paper piercing!
Make sure to check out the DRS Designs Blog for all of the challenge details.

So, what do you think?
To create this card, I first stamped the lady bug in the upper right corner with black ink. Then, I used Versamark to stamp her repeatedly all over other areas of the red cardstock.
Next, I used my new Bic Markers to colored in various areas of the first ladybug I stamped.

To create the sentiment square, I first, cut my white cardstock using the square Nestabilitites
set. I stamped the sentiment using black ink and then used the square die as a stencil with my sponge daubers to create the red shading you see around the sentiment. Next, I matted the
sentiment with red cardstock and used my paper piercer to create the dotted border on the red cardstock. I then matted the entire piece on a scalloped square (also made with my Nesties) and added a black brad to each corner to finish it off.


I adhered the sentiment square as shown, so that you could still see the ladybug stamped in black very well. Finally, I then stamped "Happy Birthday" repeatedly at the top of the red cardstock, and then again, just once, at the bottom right corner of the red cardstock.
The entire card front was adhered to a black cardstock base, measuring A2 size.


  • Stamps: All images by DRS Designs, Speckles the Ladybug, Ladybug Birthday Greeting, Happy Birthday sentiment.
  • Ink: Versafine Black Onyx, Versamark
  • Paper: Cardstock by Paper Reflections
  • Accessories: Black brads by Joann's Scrap Essentials, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Spounge Daubers, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink-Warm Red, Making Memories Paper Piercer.

Have a great Thursday...It's almost Friday!

Smiles,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Patti said...

Great design! I love the red and black combo. I gave you an award! Check out my blog!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin