Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Buzzing Bees Happy Birthday!

DRS Designs has posted their second challenge today on their blog. It's all about paper piercing!



With this challenge in mind, I created this Happy Birthday card. First I stamped the bee image twice, and then the flower ribbon slide. I colored all three of them with my new Bic Markers, and then I cut them out.










I created my card base from yellow cardstock so that it measured A2 size. Next, I took my black cardstock & ran it through my Cuttlebug with my Swiss Dots embossing floder.





Then I trimmed the light blue cardstock so that it fit on top of the black cardstock, leaving a thin border on 3 sides and about an inch on the far right side. Before adhering it to the black cardstock, I put it on a foam cushion so that I could pierce the paper to create the flying trail for each bee, and to add the decor in the upper and lower left corners. Next, I used a black gel pen to doodle dashes along the edge of the blue cardstock.


I adhered the blue cardstock to the black cardstock and then slid the flower ribbon slide through the yellow ribbon and adhered it to the underside of the black cardstock. I positioned each bee in place with Pop-Dots and added Stickles to their wings.



While the stickles were drying, I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment on yellow cardstock. I trimmed the cardstock around it and adhered it to black cardstock, so it left a black border around the sentiment. I adhered this to the open space between both bees.


The DRS Designs Team would love for you to play along with us in this challenge and/or our previous one (inchies). There is no time limit...just post a direct link to your project in the appropriate challenge post so we can come take a look at it. If you upload to SCS please use keyword: DRSC2.
  • Stamps: All stamps by DRS DEsigns-Happy Bee, Happy Birthday, Single Flower Ribbon Slide
  • Ink: Versafine Black Onyx
  • Paper: Smooth cardstock by Paper Reflections.
  • Accessories: Bic Markers, Making Memories Paper piercer, Cuttlebug, Cuttle bug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Crystal Stickles by Ranger, Black Gelly Roll Pen, Pop-Dots

Smiles,

Jennifer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a darling card!! Love your creative use of piercing on your card!! :)

MaryNSC said...

O GOSh CUTE CUTE CUTE

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin