Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Saturday, August 23, 2008

SC190 and New image by DRS Designs


Have you seen the new stamps just released by DRS Designs? Well, I've finally received mine & I'm puttin' them to use! I used the latest sketch from Splitcoast Stampers, SC190, to display this awesome star image from DRS Designs. Yes, it is one of their new releases!







To make this card, my first step was to stamp the star image twice. I used my Bic markers to color both of them. One, I colored different shades of yellow and then on the second one, I only colored the inner star with shades of orange and gold. I cut both stars out and then used pop-dots to adhere the little star to the center of the larger one as shown. I then used my plain circle Nesties to cut the orange circle, and the black scalloped circle behind it, and assembled the star on top of the orange circle, and then adhered the orange circle on top of the black scallop.





To create the background, I used my Versamark ink and the interlocking star background stamp on smooth, dark yellow cardstock. The cardstock base was made from black cardstock cut to form a 5.5" x 5.5" card. I adhered the stamped, yellow cardstock to the base so that it left a thin border of black cardstock showing. I used black and orange ribbon to create the dividing line between the two sections and adhered my matted start piece to the center of the card.




To finish the card, I used my black gel pen to doodle dots along the edge of the yellow and orange cardstock.



  • Stamps: All images by DRS Designs-Double Swirl Star, interlocking star background stamp
  • Ink: Versamark watermark ink, Versafine Onyx black.
  • Paper: Bazzill cardstock, smooth yellow (Dark Mari-gold) cardstock by ColorMates
  • Accessories: Black Gelly Roll Pen, Bic Markers, Plain Circle and Scallop Circle Nestabilities, May Arts Ribbon

I thought this card sort of reminded me of a Sheriff's Badge. Not sure why, but when I look at this card, that's what I see--maybe it's the colors...maybe it's the star...maybe it's that ribbon making the division line AND the colors! Who Knows!?!?


Thanks for stopping by and visiting today! Leave me a comment-I'd love to hear from you!
I'm off to get inky! My new stamps want to play!


Until tomorrow...


Smiles,


Jennifer

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Awesome card Jennifer! The colors are so rich - I love it!

Angel said...

love the colors!! so pretty!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin