Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sketch Wednesday #8 Challenge Card!

Earlier today I posted the card Sketch Challenge below. Did you give it a try?

Here's my sketch challenge card! What do you think?




I know, I'm still on my Fall and Halloween kick. I promise the cards I post later this week will be a different theme! Hey, I couldn't help myself. I just participated in a Fall Halloween image swap on the Stamp Shack and this cute image from Penny Black was one that I received. It was begging me to color it up...so I did!


I colored this image with my Prismacolor Pencils and used Gamsol on parts of it, but I also tried out my new colorless blender pencil. I still need practice with that one. It's definitely a different type of blending, I'm just not used to it.


I used my Nesties to cut out the image and mat it a few times. I realized that my matting was going to cause me to make a larger than normal card if I was going to follow the sketch. This finished card measures 6 1/2" x 5 1/2." I added the square brads and then set it aside to work on my card base. The base itself is made from orange cardstock, and I layered black cardstock on top of it to help the patterned paper "pop." I adhered the matted image in the center and then created the side bars using black cardstock matted with yellow cardstock. I set the orange brads in place according to the sketch, and adhered the side bars on either side of the image. For a little extra "pop," I added Stickles to the pumpkin's eyes and mouth.

Stamps: Penny Black
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Charcoal Colorbox Fluid chalk
Paper: Smooth White Cardstock from Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by Paper Reflections and Bazzill, patterned paper by Heidi Grace Designs
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Prismacolor Blender pencil, Gamsol, Nestabilities, Golden Rod Stickles by Ranger, Brads from Making memories and Joann's Scrap Essentials

Ok, Now it's your turn...Let me see what you did with this sketch.

Please leave me a comment. I'd love to hear from you!

Smiles,
Jennifer

PS: Have you subscribed to my blog? Sign up now so you don't miss my Card Sketch Wednesdays!

2 comments:

Traci G said...

These are super cute Jennifer!!

Shirley said...

Wow how perfect for Fall and Halloween both. He is just so cute and that background paper is just wonderful! TFS

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin