Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Sweet Treat for a Sweet Tooth!

So, do you have a favorite Sweet treat??
This week the Sunflowers and Dragonflies DT is challenging you to create anything to do with Sweets. Cookies, Cupcakes, Candies, Ice cream, you name it--if it's sweet, it qualifies! This marks the start of the Sunflowers and Dragonflies 8th Blog Challenge!

Anyone can play along in the challenge. There are no limits on time or supplies. Of course we’d prefer that you use images by Sunflowers and Dragonflies, but feel free to use other images. However, there is a bonus if you do use a Sunflowers and Dragonflies Image, you'll receive an extra entry in the drawing for the weekly challenge prize!! So, if you have any S&D stamps it would be worth it to use them! Please post a direct link to your challenge project from either your blog or an online gallery to the Sunflowers and Dragonflies Blog, specifically on the Challenge #8 Blog Post, so we can view it. If you upload to an online gallery, please use the keyword S&D8.

This week's prize is a complete set of the new Cupcake stamps that will be released from Sunflowers and Dragonflies next week!
Deadline is next Friday September 18th.

********************
~~~~The images I used for my challenge card this week are new from Sunflowers and Dragonflies! The sentiment, the cupcake stamp, & several other cupcake designs will be available for purchase next Saturday, and the brand new S&D website will be up for your viewing pleasure as well! Stay tuned for more info...~~~~

I had a lot of fun making this challenge card--I must admit from all of the new cupcake stamps I received, I had a hard time deciding which one to show off first. I picked this floral cupcake image I colored it with some fun with Prismacolor Pencil colors and blended them with Gamsol. I outlined it with a Zig Marker and that really made the colors pop! I used a light pink sheet of designer paper from Basic Gray's Euphoria collection (also available for purchase from S&D too!) and stamped the sentiments on it with SU! Taken with Teal.

Stamps: Sunflowers and Dragonflies Creative Designs
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, SU! Taken with Teal
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by American Crafts, Pattern Paper by Basic Gray Euphoria Collection
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Nesties, Turquoise Zig Marker, large brads by Joann's Scrap Essentials, small brads by Making Memories, Fiskars Treading Water Border Punch
Finished Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"


Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to seeing your Sweet Tooth project. Good Luck winning this weeks Nestability set! ;-)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Smiles,
Jennifer

4 comments:

Beth Norman said...

Soooooooo beautiful! I love your colours, and the layout is fab! I know what you mean about having a hard time deciding which cupcake to use.

Jessica G. said...

Definitely sweet! The colors remind me of an upscale cupcake -- yummy!!

Anonymous said...

This is sooooo cool~! I love the fun colors and layout! So pretty!

Anonymous said...

Oh how yummy!!! Really love your colors and the design on this Jen!! So darn cute!! ;) HUGS

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin