Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Christmas Candle


DRS Designs recently released this Jumbo Candle stamp. Jumbo makes it sound huge, but it actually measures 1" x 3." It worked perfectly for this Christmas card I recently made.


Here's a close up of the greeting so you can read it. I had a hard time taking a photo of this--I think because of the red cardstock. The stamping is much darker in real life.


I really love how this candle turned out! I decorated the base of it by stamping the Holly image several times, coloring them with marker, and then cutting the holly images out. I overlapped them and adhered them in place. I also colored the flame with marker and sponged yellow ink around it to produce the "glow." I finished it off by adding my favorite yellow Stickles to it to give it that firey sparkle!



Stamps: DRS Designs- Jumbo Candle (F006), Christmas Peace/Joy Greeting (G828), Triple Holly (F1004)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Yellow Ochre
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by American Crafts
Accessories: Bic Markers, EK Success Decorative Border Punch, Yellow Stickles, Gold Ribbon by Joann's Holiday Inspirations, White Gelly Roll Pen
Finished Card Size: 4.5" x 5.5"

I hope you've enjoyed this post today! I appreciate your visit!

Have a wonderful day!

Smiles,
Jennifer

4 comments:

Samantha said...

I just love this card, Jennifer! The coloring is awesome (as usual)and the design is perfect!

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! Jen, this is just gorgeous!! I love how you've dressed up this candle and added the sparkle!! Very cool card!! TFS! HUGS

Beth Norman said...

Beautiful. This really pops. Lovely ribbon adds elegance.

Heather said...

This is fabulous! WOW! I love it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin