Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, September 14, 2009

Anyone For Candy Corn?

Happy Monday!

The weekends sure fly by, don't they? I had a nice relaxing weekend, and I spent majority of it working on numerous stamping projects. It was wonderful! I wish I could have more weekends like this--sometimes I'm really bummed that I work in a hospital where we have weekend hours that have to covered. But, all in all, when I see the healing process in my patients and see their faces when they're feeling 100% better, it's all worth it! I can't help but wish I had more "home" time though, and I'm sure many of you can relate!

One of the projects I worked on was this Candy Corn ATC for a swap on the Stamp Shack. Tis the season for Candy Corn!




The candy corn pattern paper was actually made by me! I started with smooth white cardstock and stamped the Candy Corn Background by DRS Designs with orange ink. Then I just colored the bottom portion of the candy pieces with a yellow marker. (Talk about quick and easy! I had my background in no time!) The sentiment is actually part of a larger stamp, but I only had room for the "Happy Halloween!" part of it--I sometimes forget how small ATC's actually are!


Stamps: DRS Designs- Candy Corn Background (H633), Witching you a Happy Halloween (F1040)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, SU! Only Orange
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company
Accessories: Bic Markers, SU! Ticket Corner Punch, Satin Ribbon By Offray
Finished Card Size: 3.5" x 2.5"


Well, that's it for today...short and sweet! I'm busy preparing projects to post later this week.
Thanks for visiting today!


Smiles,
Jennifer

6 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

These are so cute! I love candy corn and peanuts!

Anonymous said...

OMG!! Holy cow that is so much!!!! What a fun idea Jen!! TFS! HUGS

Samantha said...

These are great Jennifer! Gotta love those 'easy background' stamps!

Beth Norman said...

Holy smokes. You made the paper? Awesome work! The recipients are going to be very, very lucky.

Beth Norman said...

Holy smokes. You made the paper? Awesome work! The recipients are going to be very, very lucky.

Jessica G. said...

Awesome ATCs -- bright and yummy!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin