Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Cold Breeze is Here


The seasons are definitely changing here in Michigan. Fall is creeping fast around the corner and the sunny days of Summer will soon be long gone. We had a beautiful summer this year. It was very rarely too hot & humid. Almost everyday the temperature stayed right around 75-80 degrees and the nights dropped to a cool 60 degrees. We hardly ever put on our air conditioner.
But, with such a mild Summer it only scares me into thinking what kind of Winter isn't far behind. Since we had such a cool Summer, will our Winter be extra cold this year? I sure hope not! Can you feel the Winter chill I've described just by looking at this card?

I used the new Silhouette Icicle image and the Stepping Back in Time sentiment to make this icy snow card. Both are by DRS Designs. I stamped the Icicle image with white ink for the top border. These icicles scream Stickles to me--I just had to dress them up a bit to make them glisten! I stamped the sentiment in blue ink to perfectly match the cold, Winter theme of this card, and used my new Snowflake Border Punch to trim the bottom.

Here's a close up of the sentiment so you can read the verse better.



Stamps: DRS Designs- Silhouette Icicles (G035), Stepping Back In Time Sentiment (H674)
Ink: SU! Brilliant Blue, VersaColor White
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company
Accessories: Nesties Labels 3, EK Success Snowflake Border Punch and Decorative Corner Punch, Ribbon By Offray, Icicle Stickles
Finished Card Size: 5.5" x 4.25"



Don't forget to check out all of DRS Designs new Holiday images.

Thanks for visiting today!

Smiles,

Jennifer

3 comments:

Jessica G. said...

Beautiful effect with the sparkling icicles -- perfect accompaniement to the sentiment!

Beth Norman said...

Love it. Those icicles are a perfect touch.

Anonymous said...

Oh how I LOVE these icicles!! So gorgeous with the glitter and that sentiment too!! :) TFS!! Hope you're enjoying the weekend!! HUGS

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin