Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Friday, September 11, 2009

Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge

DRS Designs is still sponsoring the sketch challenges over at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge Blog. Here's this weeks sketch, MMSC18...


...and here's my take on this weeks challenge.

I used metallic copper cardstock for the background and it made this card rather difficult to photograph--too light/bright or too dark & this is the happy in between picture! The bountiful Basket image from DRS Designs was colored with Bic Markers. I used raffia tied like a shoelace around some orange brads behind the image as seen on the sketch.

Stamps: DRS Designs- Bountiful Basket (L791), Thanksgiving Greetings Squares (K1052)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink Tangerine
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company & American Crafts
Accessories: Bic Markers, Nesties, Cuttlebug and Cuttlebug Divine Swirls Embossing Folder, Brads by Making Memories, SU! Word Window Punch, EK Success Decorative Corner Punch, Wraphia Ribbon from Target.
Finished Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"


Well, holy moley, it's Friday already! Not that I'm complaining at all, but with the US holiday this past Monday this week flew right by! I'm excited that this is my weekend off of work and I have a stamping date with some friends on Saturday. Whoo Hoo! I love days like that!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Smiles,
Jennifer

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen!! WOW!! What a lovely take on the MMSC!!! I love the raffia and how you've coordinated it with your image and pretty Fall colors!! :) Hope you enjoy your weekend!! HUGS

Jessica G. said...

Beautiful! The copper cardstock is gorgeous sent through the CB and your coloring technique is awesome!!

Phyllis said...

What a lovely card for fall!! In TEXAS we don't have much fall the weather just goes from HOT summer to a little cooler summer. I love that basket of apples. Great coloring job!! The Midnight Madness Design Team thanks you for playing with us this week. We will be looking for you next week too!!

Phyllis MMDesign Team

Priscilla said...

Hey Jennifer, Love your pretty card. Those colors are wonderful for this fall card. Great take on the sketch too. Love the raffia..perfect for the theme of your card. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch Challenge this week.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Beth Norman said...

What a pretty card. Your colouring is awesome.

Carol Hurlock said...

What a delightful card. I love the pumpkins and the fall theme. The gold embossed background is awesome. Thanks for playing the MMSC challenge this week.

Carol
MMSC-GDT-September

Patti said...

Gorgeous! This is one of my favorite DRS images. And I love the embossed metal background you created with the copper cardstock!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful!! I just love your coloring of that image, your colors, and the dry embossing on the copper. Gorgeous!! Thanks for playing with the MMSC this week.

I have some small blog candy on my blog if you are interested.

Chris
MMSCDT

Denise @ kc242 said...

What a lovely fall card. Especially like the way that you colored your image. Fantastic. Thanks so much for joining us this week at MMSC!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin