Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

MMSC20 Oh Christmas Tree!

Yesterday started the last DRS Designs sponsored sketch over at the Midnight Madness Blog. Here's MMSC20-this week's sketch.

DRS Designs has recently released a bunch of fun Holiday stamps. You can see them all here.
I created this Christmas card for the MMSC challenge using their newest Christmas Tree image.


I colored the Christmas Tree & Holly images with markers. I sponged ink around the tree--blue around the sides (I also inked the sentiment tag blue too!) and then added yellow ink around the shiny star.


What Christmas tree doesn't sparkle & shine? I added Stickles to the bulbs and the star on top.

I love the "glow" you can see around the star!

Are you into creating ATC's? This Christmas Tree is the perfect size. I'll be creating some ATC's with this image soon for a Christmas Tree Swap I'm in. I'll be sure to show you all when they're complete!

Stamps: DRS Designs-Simple Decorated Tree, Merry Christmas
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in French Blue, Yellow Ochre
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by American Crafts
Accessories: Bic Markers, Nesties, Cuttlebug and Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Border Folder, Ribbon By Michael's Go With the Grain
Finished Card Size: 5.5" x 5.75"



Make sure to check out the MMSC blog for your chance at some great prizes. DRS Designs will be giving away fabulous prizes and you can find out all of the details on the MMSC Blog.

Thanks for visiting & have a wonderful day!

Smiles,
Jennifer

8 comments:

Phyllis said...

What a cheerful and brightly colored Christmas card. Very traditional colors. Love your corner pieces. The MMDesign Team thanks you for playing with us this week.

Phyllis - MMDesign Team

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Jen, this is so pretty!! I love the soft glow around the star on the tree!! Very cool take on the sketch!! TSF! HUGS

Priscilla said...

Very pretty and I REALLY like the Holly!!Well done. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch challenge this week. If you find the time, please stop back by and check out the Mid Week Midnight Madness “Wood Paper” Tutorial :) and then the “BIG” give away announcement next Monday.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Beth Norman said...

Holy smokes this really jumped out at me. Wonderful work.

Carol Hurlock said...

What a bright and fun Christmas card. I love your holly leaves and berries. You have a lovely combination of details that makes your card a delight for the eyes. Thanks for participating in the MMSC challenge this week. Be sure to keep checking Priscilla's blog for all the fun activities this month.

Carol
MMSC-Guest Designer

Samantha said...

This is a wonderful card Jennifer! I always love your coloring:) Great take on the sketch!

Jessica G. said...

Great take on this sketch! I really like how the star is glowing -- perfect effect!!

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Jennifer, what a gorgeously made card, so clean and crisp....reminds me of a traditional Christmas with fresh snow. You colored your tree fabulously and matched it just perfectly with the holly and dp. Love the dry embossed dots on your background. Fantastic job. Thanks for playing along with us again.
Hugs,
Charlotte
MMSC DT

PS: Don't forget, if you leave me a comment on my blog you will get an extra entry for the MM blog candy drawing!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin