Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Saturday, September 26, 2009

S&D10 Signs of Fall

For our 10th blog challenge, the Sunflowers and Dragonflies DT is challenging you to create anything to do with the Seasons--think Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter when creating projects for this weeks challenge! The Design Team will be using the S&D Four Seasons Stamp set on our projects. This set has 4 trees as the main images in the set. Each tree represents each of the 4 seasons, and it also comes with some sentiments and accessory stamps as well.


Anyone can play along in the challenge. There are no limits on time or supplies. Of course we’d prefer that you use images by Sunflowers and Dragonflies, but feel free to use other images. However, there is a bonus if you do use a Sunflowers and Dragonflies Image, you'll receive an extra entry in the drawing for the weekly challenge prize!! So, if you have any S&D stamps it would be worth it to use them! Please post a direct link to your challenge project from either your blog or an online gallery to the Sunflowers and Dragonflies Blog, specifically on the Challenge #10 Blog Post, so we can view it. If you upload to an online gallery, please use the keyword S&D10.


This week's prize is a complete set of the Four Seasons stamp set AND a box of Prima flowers
Deadline is next Friday October 2nd.



I created this Autumn, "Thinking of You" card using the Four Seasons stamp set. As you can see I only used the Autumn Tree and the accessory leaf from the set.

I couldn't help myself & had to use the Fall tree. It just didn't seem right to me to use any of the the other trees in the set right now...tis the season, ya know?!?!?



I had fun masking with this card. But, cutting out all those little leaves from the sticky part of a Post-It note was not so fun. It was worth it however--I love the final outcome!

Since this card is rather CAS (Clean and Simple), I spiced it up a bit with different color Stickles.

Stamps: Sunflowers and Dragonflies Creative Designs- 4 Seasons Stamp Set
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in French Blue & Olive Pastel
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company & American Crafts
Accessories: Bic & Copic Markers, Tan Ribbon by Ribbon and Bows Oh My, Stickles in Yellow, Lime Green, Xmas Red, and Crystal, Orange, Green Zig Marker
Finished Card Size: 6 3/4" x 5 1/8"



So, if you can't tell by now, Fall is my favorite season. What's your favorite season?

I hope you'll tell us by creating it for our challenge. I look forward to seeing it!
Good Luck in winning this set!

Happy Fall Ya'll!
Smiles,
Jennifer

4 comments:

Jessica G. said...

My goodness -- you cut out all those itty bitty leaves?? You are much more the scissor maestro than I am! What a fun, vibrant card -- it definitely was worth all the effort!!

Anonymous said...

This is just so awesome! I love your scene! Gorgeous fall card!

Beth Norman said...

Lots of love went into the making of this card. Awesome work as always!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! This is just gorgeous Jen!! Your coloring is fabulous!! Love the details and your stunning design! :) Hope you're enjoying your weekend my friend!! HUGS

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin