Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, September 28, 2009

Blooming With Good Health!


All this talk about the upcoming flu season has me worried! I'll be getting my flu shot on Wednesday from work and then I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that no one around me comes down with the H1N1 virus.

I created this Get Well card not too long ago & this weekend I got reports from friends that they've come down with icky colds already this year (Kathy & Trisha, this post is for you!)


The image, sentiment & background designs are all from DRS Designs. I colored the image with Prismacolor Pencils and blended the colors with Gamsol. I cut the image out with a Nestie die & then sponged yellow ink around it while it was still in the die. The background was created by stamping the Lots of Lines background stamp with purple ink on purple cardstock. I matted everything on a dark purple cardstock base.

Stamps: DRS Designs- Three Flowers With Butterfly (H1068), Blooming with Good Health Sentiment (G055), Lots of Lines Background stamp (H366)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, SU! Orchid Opulence, Barely Banana
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by American Crafts
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Nesties, Brads by The Paper Studio,
Finished Card Size: 5.5" x 4.25"


So remember, in order to keep the germs at bay this flu season lots of hand washing is the best defense! We're taught at work to wash hands with warm, soapy water for at least 15 seconds or the length it takes to sing "Happy Birthday" twice, to insure that you've washed long enough.

Here's wishing you a happy, and healthy flu season this year!

Smiles,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen!! I just love this one!! The colors are so beautiful and cheerful!! I hope this isn't a bad flu season, but you'll be ready for it!! :) HUGS

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin