Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

Fireworks Fireworks Fireworks Fireworks Fireworks



Hope everyone is having a nice & relaxing Holiday today! I'm working this morning, but this afternoon I'm off to my Aunt's house for a BBQ and pool party. Then, later in the evening DH and I are going to sit outside & watch everyone else's firework displays!

In honor of 4th of July today, Kimmy challenged us to make Patriotic cards for our Fun Filled Friday challenge today. When she mentioned she wanted to do this theme, I realized in looking through my stamps I didn't have any patriotic stamps at all. I was saved by many of my friends at the Stamp Shack, who graciously sent me patriotic images from many different companies.



I decided to use this flag image from Serendipity Stamps. Many of you may recognize the Independence Day tag stamp from Stampin' Up.

To make this card, first I colored the flag image with Prismacolor Pencils and blended the colors with Gamsol. Next, I matted the image a few times with Bazzill cardstock and added icicle Stickles to the stars on the flag. While the stars were drying I made the blue cardstock base.
This finished card measures 4.75" x 6.5". I matted the firework patterned paper to white cardstock, then adhered the matted flag image to it. I used my 1 inch punch to punch out the Independence Day Tag and used my Cricut to mat it in blue cardstock. Next, I used my Marvy Uchida punch to punch the scallop in red. I matted them all together as shown and then adhered that to the space above the flag with Pop Dots. I added the blue and red star ribbon by Paper Studio Ribbon Trends at the bottom, then adhered the entire front to the cardstock base.



Hope you enjoy this one! I had fun working with Red, White, and Blue this week!

Have you made a Patriotic cards this week? Leave me a comment & post the link. I'd love to see your cards!


Have a wonderful Holiday Weekend!
Smiles,
Jennifer


Flags

1 comment:

ChrissyM said...

Fantastic card! Your your bbq and fireworks!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin