Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Card Sketch Wednesday #2

Are you ready for Card Sketch Wednesday #2? Hope you'll play along! The details are listed below.

Sketch Wednesday Challenge Details:
The details are pretty simple--make a card of any theme you choose utilizing the card sketch posted on my blog and then on the sketch challenge announcement post, reply with a comment posting a link to your blog or online gallery so that everyone can view how you utilized the sketch. You have all month to complete each challenge. So there is no confusion, a "month" runs from the first day of the month through the last day of the month--example July 1st-July 31st.


Bonus Opportunity for Participating in Sketch Wednesday Challenges:
Each month, I will assign a number in order from all of the comments/links posted from all qualifying participant weekly sketch challenge cards and draw one lucky winner for a package of blog candy from me! All of the blog candy goodies that I will offer will be craft/card making related--embellishments, ink pads, images, stamps, ribbon, punches etc.


Card Sketch Wednesday #2:

Please reply with links to your challenge cards here on this blog post.






So, are you up for the challenge? Let's see what you can create with this sketch. Wanna see mine?










Here's my finished sketch card. This card turned out to be a little more busy than the sketch, but I really love how all the colors blended together. I think the purples are so pretty!



To make this card, I first stamped the image & colored it with pencils and blended the colors with Gamsol. I matted the image first with dark purple cardstock, and then again with light purple cardstock. I added the polka-dot ribbon to the corners and then punched out dark purple cardstock using the word window punch. I cut it in half, adhered it to the lower right space, and added a light purple brad to the center of it.






Next, I created the card base from dark purple cardstock and layered it horizontally with light purple paper. I cut the polka dot paper to fit over the light purple paper leaving a slight matted border.

On the left side of the card, I adhered 2 light purple ribbons, side-by-side vertically, and added the dark purple ribbon over the top of the seam where the 2 ribbons met. I layered a light purple Prima flower with a dark purple one and added a light purple brad to the center & adhered it in the middle of the ribbons.


I then attached the matted image to the right side of the card leaving a larger border at the bottom. In the lover border I used Versamark ink to stamp "Happy Birthday" using white embossing powder & heat set it.

There you have it--My second Sketch Wednesday card!

Now...What's yours look like? I'll be looking forward to seeing it!

    Happy Card Making!

    Smiles,
    Jennifer

    • Stamps: Image- All Night Media, Sentiment-Studio G Clear Stamps
    • Ink: Versafine Jet Black, Versamark
    • Paper: Bazzill Cardstock, Patterned Paper- Karen Neuburger Hip Hip Hooray Mini dots and Stripes
    • Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Ribbon-Offray, Bobbie M. Designs, and Paper Studio Ribbon Trends, Brads from Joann's Scrap Essentials, Prima Flowers, SU! Word Window Punch, Creative Beginnings White Embossing Powder

    3 comments:

    Kimmy said...

    Are those purple primas?? I don't think they match so well - ha ha! Just teasing. I love it you know me and purple!

    Anonymous said...

    Jennifer, I enjoyed the last sketch, I'll have to see what I can come up with for this one! Thanks for the inspiration -- and I LOVE THE PURPLE primas -- so THERE, Kimmy! :-)

    Anonymous said...

    http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=17300&limit=recent Here is my card for this one.

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin