Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Friday, July 25, 2008

TGIF and FFF Birds!

Happy TGIF Everyone! I'm so glad the weekend is here! Well, since it's Friday, Kimmy and I are posting our Bird theme Fun Filled Friday cards today.


To be honest, I was a bit worried with this one--AND I picked the theme! How does that happen? Anyways, I just wasn't feeling very "birdy" this week and was having a hard time getting a layout that I liked. Slowly, but surely, this one turned out much better than expected, and I actually like its simplicity!







First, I colored the bird image with my Prismacolor Pencils. I matted it with light blue cardstock and then again with dark blue cardstock. I used Post-It notes to block off the white area around the image, and then used blue ink & my sponge daubers to create the airbrushed look around the image. Once I removed the Post-it notes, I was in awe as the blue ink sort of resembled the sky--perfect for this bird in a tree image!



I created the card base from light blue cardstock, measuring for an A2 size envelope (4.25" x 5.5"). I used my Score-Pal to add score lines over the upper portion of my card. I matted the patterned paper with dark blue cardstock and added a dark blue brad to each lower corner. I then, adhered the entire piece to the lower portion of the card front. I threaded ribbon through the holes in the image, and I attached the ribbon on the left side of the image with a dark blue brad, and I tied the right side in a knot and adhered it to the base.

To finalize the card, I stamped "Thank You" just below the image.

  • Stamps: Image-Inkadinakado, Sentiment-Hero Arts
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, SU Ballet Blue

  • Paper: Bazzill Cardstock, Patterned Paper DCVW Scrapbook in a Stack
  • Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Score-Pal, Maya Road Ribbon, Brads from Joann's Scrap Essentials, SU! Sponge Daubers, SU! Horizontal Slot Punch

Don't forget to check out Kimmy's Bird card!

Have you been participating in our FFF challenges? Kimmy is giving Blog Candy away to anyone who participated in our challenges during the month of July. You have until July 31st to complete any of our July challenges.


On Sunday I will post my Reader FFF Challenge that Kimmy picked for me. Some one's going to win blog candy! Stay tuned to see who!

Have an awesome weekend!

Smiles,

Jennifer

2 comments:

Kimmy said...

YAY!!! You got a Scor Pal!!! FUn isn't it. Just doing my quick blog check while on Vacation. The bird came out so cute. Love how you mixed the papers.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Oh, Jennifer, this card is lovely. I really like the design of it--very unique.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin