Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Card Sketch Wednesday #3

Well, it's Wednesday again! Time for Sketch Wednesday #3. I hope you'll play along!

Sketch Wednesday Challenge Details:
The details are pretty simple--make a card of any theme you choose utilizing the card sketch posted on my blog and then on the sketch challenge announcement post, reply with a comment posting a link to your blog or online gallery so that everyone can view how you utilized the sketch. You have all month to complete each challenge. So there is no confusion, a "month" runs from the first day of the month through the last day of the month--example July 1st-July 31st.

Bonus Opportunity for Participating in Sketch Wednesday Challenges:
Each month, I will assign a number in order from all of the comments/links posted from all qualifying participant weekly sketch challenge cards and draw one lucky winner for a package of blog candy from me! All of the blog candy goodies that I will offer will be craft/card making related--embellishments, ink pads, images, stamps, ribbon, punches etc.


Card Sketch Wednesday #3:

Please reply with links to your challenge cards here on this blog post.


Here's my finished sketch card. I made this for a Wedding Shower I'll be attending in a few weeks.



This finished card measures 4.25" x 5.5". I, first, stamped the image on smooth white cardstock & colored it with my Prismacolor pencils. I used a gray Copic markers to color the bath tub and shower head. I used my Marvy Uchida scallop punches to punch out the image and the light pink cardstock I used to mat it. I used my circle Coluzzle to cut the dark pink circle, and arranged them as shown.




I cut the patterned paper to half the size of the card and matted it with light pink cardstock. I added the 3 brads to the lower portion of the matted patterned paper and added the 2 pieces of ribbon to the upper left corner as shown. I then adhered it to the left side of the card.

I then adhered the matted image to the center of the card, so that half of it overlapped the patterned paper and the other half was on the main card base. I used my clear alphabet stamps to vertically stamp "Best Wishes" along the right side of the card.










  • Stamps: Image-A Muse, sentiment created using Technique Tuesday Clear Alphabet Set-Main Street Alphabet Small

  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Bazzill Cardstock, smooth white cardstock from Office Depot, patterned paper by Heidi Grace Designs-Glittered Paper Mini Floral

  • Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Copic Markers C1 and C3, Mary Uchida Scallop punches, circle Coluzzle, both types of ribbon are unknown (Sorry! Just pulled them from my stash!) Brads by O'Scrap

Don't forget, There's still time! You have 1 week, until July 31 11:59pm EDT to post a comment with a link to any sketch cards you made during the month of July to be considered for my blog candy give-away.

Here's a re-cap of the sketches posted for July:

July 16, 2008 Sketch #2

July 9, 2008 Sketch #1


Have fun! Happy card making! Can't wait to see what you all come up with!

Smiles,

Jennifer

2 comments:

Thanh Vo said...

Oooh! I like this sketch and hope to have some time to sit down and create something this weekend.

Anonymous said...

http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=17301&limit=recent Here is my card for #3

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin