Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Just a Friendly Note...

Hope everyone is having a great day today. I'm excited because I am off of work tomorrow! Yeah! I have a full day planned relaxing & working on some new cards in my studio. Gotta love a day like that!

Well, for those of you who have been following my blog you've probably guessed that one of my favorite flowers to make cards with are Daffodils. I couldn't pass them up when I was contacted by Samantha from DRS Designs for the DRS Designs DT finalist round. Here's one of the cards I made using their Framed Daffodil stamp (P104) and the "A Friendly Note" (D586) sentiment.





I used my Prismacolor Pencils to color the image and blended the colors with Gamsol. I used light blue chalk to color in the areas around the flowers. I then, cut out the image and traced the edges with a black Sharpee marker. Next, I layered it with yellow and green cardstock and adhered it to a light blue cardstock base. I stamped the sentiment under the image





After I colored the main image, I created a 3-D look with the butterflies. I stamped the image again 3 more times & colored only the butterflies. I cut all 3 butterflies out. I layered a second butterfly on top of the one already in the upper portion of the image, by placing adhesive only on the center of the butterfly. Once I had it in position, I "fluffed" up the wings, to make it look like it was flying!






I layered the other 2 butterflies the same way and adhered the butterfly set to the bottom of the image, just above the sentiment. Here's a close up picture. See how the butterfly looks real! I loved how it looked!






  • Stamps: DRS Designs
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
  • Cardstock: Bazzill
  • Accessories: Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol, Black Sharpee Marker, chalk by Inkadinkado

Have you see DRS Designs new blog? You can check it out here! Make sure to check it out daily as there will be lots of inspiration, sneak peeks on upcoming images, and weekly challenges starting in the next few weeks. In the future you can also look forward to daily posts from the design team members, like me!

Stay tuned for tomorrow when I post my next Card Sketch Challenge.

Until then,

Smiles,

Jennifer

2 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

What a darling card. I really enjoy flower cards.

Anonymous said...

This is a really beautiful card!! Congrats on being picked for the DT!! Very talented stamper!! You will love creating for them!! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin